“Giving kids clothes and food is one thing but it is much more important to teach them that other people besides themselves are important, and that the best thing they can do with their lives is to use them in the service of other people.” - Dolores Huerta

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

WILL STUDY FOR FOOD

http://hhfawards.hispanicheritage.org/2014/forms/login.php - Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards

Scholarship money will be put towards my college education, or for items that will benefit my studies or career in nursing.
I hope to receive A LOT! Honestly, who doesn't want free money! Hopefully I receive enough to at least pay for my first years' tuition, which at CSULA will be under $12,000. I don't plan on staying on-campus, so that is $13,000 I won't have to pay! Whew! However, rent.. but that is what friends are for, the people you can actually stand to live with! Rent can be as low as $1,500 per month, but you are sharing with a couple friends, so it doesn't add up to the $13,000 you would pay for on campus board. I also plan on searching for an on-campus job, I have heard that CSULA is very flexible with school hours. Another thing that won't cost a student much at this school is transportation as your school ID doubles as a bus pass! Awesome right? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment