“Giving kids clothes and food is one thing but it is much more important to teach them that other people besides themselves are important, and that the best thing they can do with their lives is to use them in the service of other people.” - Dolores Huerta

Monday, September 22, 2014

MY DASHBOARD

Although I attempted to use the dashboard suggested, it seemed to be redundant with what I already do, bookmarking. I understand that in the Netvibes dashboard everything can be in one place, email, Twitter, Facebook, important blogs, etc., but the dashboard seemed overcomplicated. Basically, I couldn't figure it out and thought of it as a waste of time. Bookmarking, and the ability to have multiple email accounts open constantly on my computer is enough organization for me. My "dashboard" may be in two places, but it is what I am used to, a habit I have already built, and am unwilling to change. I don't want to change this specific habit because my method has been productive, organized, and has kept me on top of the work. My posts have never been late, I have never forgotten to post anything, I always receive/read important emails on time, etc., with my two piece dashboard.
Another thing I prefer to do is hand write what I have to do. A habit I have is keeping an agenda, something that used to be a required assignment is now a vital part of my organization, writing something down not only gives me a reference for later, but helps me remember without looking online, or even at the agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment