“Giving kids clothes and food is one thing but it is much more important to teach them that other people besides themselves are important, and that the best thing they can do with their lives is to use them in the service of other people.” - Dolores Huerta

Friday, September 5, 2014

MASTERPIECE IN PROGRESS

I have been thinking on focusing my masterpiece on one of two things. The first being American sign language. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have tried to learn multiple times and have failed miserably. I always seem to learn a couple words, some phrases, but I soon forget because of lack of practice. I also always seem to skip learning the alphabet, which I now have down! Technically, if I decide to make this learning experience my masterpiece, although I am going to learn ASL either way, I have already begun. So far I have learned short common phrases that can be used in every day conversation, such as: How are you?, What's your name?, My name is ..., Where is the bathroom? (definitely something important to know!), etc. If possible, I would really like to focus on ASL, as I have always wanted to learn. I also believe that a masterpiece on ASL could easily be presented to the class. One idea I had was recording myself presenting/signing a song and show it in class, following up with a short in-person presentation.

Or maybe I will just go with a book-related masterpiece.. I'm not sure yet.

But these are all ideas, susceptible to change, it is a start though!

No comments:

Post a Comment