“Giving kids clothes and food is one thing but it is much more important to teach them that other people besides themselves are important, and that the best thing they can do with their lives is to use them in the service of other people.” - Dolores Huerta

Monday, April 27, 2015

Macbeth Essay ~ Afterthoughts

After doing the essay, I felt a little more confident, not going to lie. I wrote and okay essay, similar to my other essays, in under the 30 minutes. And yes, I am sure it was 30 minutes because I actually timed myself. Does the time necessarily mean I will do well on the AP test next Wednesday? Of course not, but I wrote a mediocre essay in the time given. To be quite honest, I would have written this essay sooner if I had understood the prompt, but I didn't. At least not until Preston explained it to 5th period today. The huge ass quote before the actual prompt seemed to throw me off, but I was able to incorporate slivers of it here and there in my actual essay. Like always, I seem to reiterate things I say within my essay, definitely something I need to work on for the test, and for college essays. I also chose to not write the essay on Macbeth, I chose Lady Macbeth because I felt like I, specifically, could argue it a lot better. I may have done this essay "wrong" or "incorrectly," but Preston also said that this essay was meant to show us the constraints we will have on the real test, a sort of simulation. Overall, my writing needs major improvements, and it always will (there's always room for improvement).

No comments:

Post a Comment