“Giving kids clothes and food is one thing but it is much more important to teach them that other people besides themselves are important, and that the best thing they can do with their lives is to use them in the service of other people.” - Dolores Huerta

Friday, February 20, 2015

With Bree in mind

It is amazing to know that Bree still keeps giving us gifts, even after her beautiful soul has left this world. The class I used to talk to Bree the most in was child development, it was this class that allowed me to form a stronger bond with Bree, the class where we would crack jokes and be silly, the class where we complained about all other classes, the class where we argued over who would get up to get the materials for the day.. The first day back to school I was terrified to go to this class, she sat right next to me, and I was afraid to see that empty spot, to once again be reminded of the hole that had just been punctured in my heart. But Bree's friend, the one that sat on the other side of Bree, was sitting in her spot. I won't say I didn't break down anyway, because I did, but the impact of her being gone didn't fully hit me, it honestly still hasn't. I will forever be grateful to Nadia for sitting in that seat, and for sitting in that spot from then on. Nadia and I weren't friends before Bree's accident, but we did unite in and after this tragedy. Bree left me and my best friend, with a wonderful new buddy, a girl that is as kind as Bree, that is as thoughtful and considerate of others, and a girl who is as genuine and analytical as her. In no way am I saying that she is a replacement of Bree, nobody can replace that girl, but we have gained an amazing buddy because of Bree. And because of this newfound friendship, I was able to get this gem of a picture, something I will cherish forever. Thank you, Nadia.



No comments:

Post a Comment