“Giving kids clothes and food is one thing but it is much more important to teach them that other people besides themselves are important, and that the best thing they can do with their lives is to use them in the service of other people.” - Dolores Huerta

Monday, February 16, 2015

A thought from early January.

When the mind is at a loss for preoccupation, it seeks to unravel the complexities of the world.

A random thought I had at the beginning of this year, as I sat without a care or worry, all applications done, scholarships for the moment finished, no home troubles, and I pondered at the existence of the world, and the existence, lifespan, and total life experiences each person has. I found this written in the notes on my phone, and I thought "what the f*ck, what quote is this?!" And as I attempted to find it on google and as nothing came up I realized and remembered that this was my own quote, past-me's quote. It is a pretty general thought, as I realize most people, or at least teens, question their existence often, or who they are, or even why they are here. I just liked the fact that I wrote it down, to preserve my random thought, and that I am now sharing it with other people on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment