“Giving kids clothes and food is one thing but it is much more important to teach them that other people besides themselves are important, and that the best thing they can do with their lives is to use them in the service of other people.” - Dolores Huerta

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Transmedia Draft of Canterbury Essay



The story-teller.
Introduction Paragraph:
  • Overall arching theme of Canterbury Tales
  • Provide background on all stories and common characteristics
  • Begin to specify the Cook's tale, background/personality of main character
  • Thesis
1st Body Paragraph:
  • Larger theme and purpose of Canterbury Tales ~ moral aspect
  • Go into detail of the common tale characteristics, specifying mostly with the Cook's tale
  • Explain techniques used, satire, irony, humor, rhyme, tone, diction/syntax, etc. in and out of the Cook's tale and cite some examples
2nd Body Paragraph:
  • Describe physical appearance of main character ("well-built and short" stature and possesses a brown complexion, lives life by partying and having fun with the ladies. Reveler doesn't take his apprentice role seriously because he just commits himself to gambling and stealing from his own master. He only wants to remember and experience a luxurious life because he was fired from his job and still married a rich, beautiful woman to show off to everyone else and live a stable life) 
  • Describe the situation + problems the main character has (gambling, playing with women, drinking)
  • characterization techniques- in/direct, tone
  • Perkin was adulterous, constantly surrounded
    by women, and a gambler.





     
  • in/direct examples ("A rotten apple is better thrown away before it spoils the barrel.")

3rd Body Paragraph:
  • Explain the type of tale, moral
  • Affects of SES, gender, etc.

Conclusion Paragraph:
  • Overall Canterbury Tales, characters represent a group, social, gender, etc. unfairly or incorrectly
  • Restate thesis statement
  • Restate the use of literary techniques 
 
 
 
 

Musical Element:
Small portions of this song seem to relate to the attitude and personality of Perkin. He seems to think that life is just one big party, what he doesn't realize is that he is still a kid making childish decisions. All he wants is to live a life of luxury, without thinking of the consequences. Perkin's needs to have all the ladies, all the champagne, and in the end, a trophy wife merely for the joy of showing her off. He drinks, he gambles, he cheats, he steals, a bad idea for an apprentice, especially doing it to his master. The song kind of depicts the reflection that Perkin will one day have, regretting all his reckless decisions.
 
 


"cause I'll be cracking bottles open, pouring champagne...

Life is one big party and I love the one I'm at. ( I know)"

"let's just get this party over,

and I know that we've been drinking,

I see that you've been thinking bout
the old days, well, I'm dreaming
 bout
he ones when we'll be singing bout
the love we had, the love we lost"



"I know we were young and reckless,

pretty girl hanging on me like a necklace

Kinda tripping knowing we did it unprotected
now I can't sleep cause I'm so damn restless"

"No regrets of all the things I've said

But I'm still growing up and I'm still a kid

Can't tell me you don't miss those days
Back in the day now I'm backing away

cause I'll never move on if you ask me to stay"

 



No comments:

Post a Comment