“Giving kids clothes and food is one thing but it is much more important to teach them that other people besides themselves are important, and that the best thing they can do with their lives is to use them in the service of other people.” - Dolores Huerta

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/Happy Winter Break!

One year ago I was engulfed in happiness. One year ago, my two week stay in Mexico was almost over. One year ago, I despised the idea that time could move so quickly, and that the phrase "Time flies when you're having fun," or rather when you're immensely happy could be true. This year I came face to face with reality, I wasn't able to go to the one place where I felt completely welcomed, where I was loved unconditionally and more than I could ever imagine, the one place where I was ecstatic and overjoyed 24/7. Because although I was sick for 1/3 of my stay in Mexico, and even though I was sick on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I had the time of my life.

This year, I got to spend Christmas Eve/Christmas Day with my siblings, with my parents, with my boyfriend, and with a mix of strangers because of the posada. (A posada is done for 9 days before Christmas, it consists of praying, singing, singing + walking, knocking on doors + singing, and of course, FOOD.) I'm just glad that this year I have some of the people I love the most around. To celebrate with, to laugh with, to eat with, and to create a lovely Christmas memory with. I love the holidays, and all the family time that comes along with it!

Happy Holidays from my family to yours. (:

(I am holding air in the bottom picture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment