“Giving kids clothes and food is one thing but it is much more important to teach them that other people besides themselves are important, and that the best thing they can do with their lives is to use them in the service of other people.” - Dolores Huerta

Friday, December 12, 2014

Major Choices

As a kid, I always had the idea that I would be a teacher. Throughout elementary school and the beginning of Jr. High I constantly had that goal and that specific path in mind. However, when my mom had a miscarriage I quickly shied away and turned to nursing. I didn't realize until now, how much of an influence that event had on me. I immediately turned to a child prone job (pediatric nursing), as well as beginning to volunteer with CHILDREN. As a matter of fact, in my year of major transition, the point where I still wanted to be a teacher, I went from Jr. High teacher, to preschool or elementary teacher. It wasn't until Mrs. Karamitsos asked me "Why nursing?" in order to fill out my Supplamental application for UCLA, that I realized this. 

P.S. I was accepted to San Francisco State today. (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment