“Giving kids clothes and food is one thing but it is much more important to teach them that other people besides themselves are important, and that the best thing they can do with their lives is to use them in the service of other people.” - Dolores Huerta

Saturday, December 20, 2014

A final idea?

After Thursday's buffet and questioning by Dr. Preston, I have come to realize that in its entirety classroom 608 is not just a small gathering of people with nearly nothing in common, but a small family. All of my classmates coincide. We all want to see diversity, individuality, a spread of culture, and overall acceptance and peace.

And so when I shared my simple idea of (learning about) animal cruelty and/or communication stuff as a masterpiece out loud, I was already quite unsure. After everything was said and done, I realized that this isn't a separate project, it isn't something I have to see as a burden or an extra activity. Dr. Preston keeps saying "It's something you've always wanted to learn about, something you've always wanted to do in a classroom," and such other similar comments. So then I thought "What's the only thing I love to do, the thing I have always loved?" Well that's an easy question, READING.
The one thing I have always disliked about school is that it takes away any free time that used to be available. Especially this year I have found myself with a lack of free time, with AP classes, college apps, weekly (or twice a week) church reunions, and attempting to maintain a slight social life and human interaction. However, especially this year, I have tried extra hard to create "free" time for reading.

I'll just end this post and say that reading is my top choice for a masterpiece. Reading and not books because that limits my scope, reading includes articles, novels (of all genres), poems, journals, etc. etc.

If you are reading this Preston, I rather much like when you speak to us, and not necessarily at us.

No comments:

Post a Comment