“Giving kids clothes and food is one thing but it is much more important to teach them that other people besides themselves are important, and that the best thing they can do with their lives is to use them in the service of other people.” - Dolores Huerta

Monday, August 25, 2014

MY UNIVERSITY

August 25th, 2014 ~ Day 1 without Dr. Preston
30 minutes on the clock. I could only think of two productive tasks I could do.
1. Complete the daily journal. 
2. Organize the collaborative Beowulf Questions.
From the second I entered the room I knew concentration would be vital.. and hard to come by. I knew that once I began to do something productive, time would run out. What I did not expect however, was that my setup for Beowulf would not work, because I didn't expect more people to join our group. (Shout out to Jayce for re-doing it though. (:)
Overall, I was too easily distracted. I honestly need someone to get my attention and tell me to get started. My way of learning is by completing certain set tasks, and their wasn't much I could do today.
Now that I have ultimately finished every task that has no deadline, or at least my part, I am free to read! And read I shall! Over the course of this next week, if no other assignments are added, I will be reading The Kite Runner. And THIS makes me very happy. (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment