“Giving kids clothes and food is one thing but it is much more important to teach them that other people besides themselves are important, and that the best thing they can do with their lives is to use them in the service of other people.” - Dolores Huerta

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Rest in Peace, Bree.

When I heard the news I broke down. I could not handle the idea of such a beautiful soul being taken from us. Such a positive girl, with so much to live for, so much potential, so much life. I heard the news at 12:30, randomly waking up to a text message from a mutual friend. I immediately began to sob, I was completely devastated. My eldest brother, without my knowledge, was already consoling another friend of Bree's and was on his way to tell me. He picked me up, hugged me, and delivered the same message that I had already given him twice. The message that she's in a better place now, that I know God needed her for something better, that she was only being called home. My heart is still filled with a heavy sadness, but it's true, why would I ruin her memory with tears and heavy feelings when she was all about positivity. But it's very difficult to let go. Especially since I missed school Friday, and I was not able to tell her how amazing and cool she was one last time. Because luckily, I told you that almost twice a day every day. I will miss her dearly, she will forever hold a VERY special place in my heart. I will miss all our conversations, our compliment wars, your singing, our trips (where you would purposely laugh to annoy me!) and our snap chat "bae" pictures. Oh, Bree. You were one amazing person, and it is easy to see why so many people love you. Watch over us. Rest in Paradise, Bree. You and your family will be included in my prayers. #ForBree 

1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful Lupita, thank you remembering her in the positive light she always radiated.

    ReplyDelete